About the project
ChandlerKBS, in conjunction with Mott Macdonald, provided cost and project management services for the decommissioning of the Trawsfynydd Nuclear Site. Whilst the work involved some relatively traditional demolition projects, it also included ground breaking technological solutions to recover and safely package and store intermediate and low-level radioactive waste. The decommissioning process included significant elements of new-build in order to facilitate the decommissioning processes. The scope of the contract was to provide a specialist managed commercial service delivery framework at Trawsfynydd to deliver the following scope of works:
- Business case, acquisition strategy development
- Procurement and supply chain management.
- Commercial and contract advice.
- NEC Project Manager/Contract administration.
- Value, risk and opportunity management.
- Auditing and verification of actual costs and settlement of final accounts.
- Dispute and claims management.
The project values covered by this managed service ranged from circa £4 million to £50 million