Senior Procurement Specialist
ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Procurment Specialist to be based in our Cardiff office.
- Provide advice on procurement strategies, and processes, routes to market and forms of contract.
- Prepare and undertake procurement processes including when required capability assessment, pre-qualification, framework selection, ITT documentation and evaluation, leading to contractor/consultant selection and contractualisation.
- Provide clear commercial advice, market knowledge and understanding.
- Provide evaluation management, including facilitation of evaluation process and meetings.
- Provide overall leadership to Procurement team including project and service delivery, processes, development etc.
- Developing and managing the Procurement Process and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders.
- Assume day-to-day delivery responsibility for projects/programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks without supervision.
- Strengthen our service delivery capability and promote knowledge capture, sharing and innovation.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Support the implementation of internal business strategic initiatives at service and sector level.
- Manage the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high quality standard.
- Provide leadership to the staff, where required. Resolve conflicts of priorities and personalities relating to work with the appropriate Partner or Associate.
- Mentor and coach team members, ensuring that staff and new starters are developed to support the successful growth of the Practice and development of their career.
- Contribute towards bid and tender preparation and business development.
- Ensure service delivery is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice, particularly Health & Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure compliance with client’s corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Achieve all objectives as required by the annual performance review process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects.
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand and become engaged with the project strategies, briefs and client requirements.
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation.
The ability to:
- negotiate, influence and deliver results in a client facing role.
- deal diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment, subject to change.
- Prioritise and self-manage with ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Manage conflicting priorities and organise workloads in conjunction with the appropriate Partner.
- cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- lead a team.
- create a close knit team as required and motivate and mentor the team to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- Ideally degree qualified: procurement, construction, cost management, engineering or quantity surveying.
- MAPM/MRICS/MCIPS other equivalent qualification or experience.
- Leadership development training.
- Circa 7+ years experience (at least 5 years post qualification).
- Excellent knowledge of Public and Utilities Contract Regulations and Non-regulated Procurement.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters.
- Experience of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Excellent technical Procurement skills and provide leadership to others on Procurement Processes which include Procurement and Commercial Strategy Development, Tender Process and Evaluation, Stakeholder Management and Communications Value Management.
- Good experience of managing teams and people and strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both client and staff.
- Extensive experience of delivering multiple of complex projects and programmes of work through Procurement and Contractualisation.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgement and an aptitude for forward planning.
- Energetic and motivated with natural drive and an innovative flair, resourcefulness and ability to adapt to change.
- An ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explain the logic employed.
- Monitoring developments in Procurement – new processes/alternative training/new areas of work – examples such as Public and Utilities Contracts Regulations.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to utilise our flexible working arrangements. Our core benefits include 24 days annual leave, private health insurance, critical illness cover, a pension scheme, annual professional membership fees and flexible working arrangements.
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has an RICS approved APC programme.