Senior Cost Manager (Utilities)
ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Cost Manager (5+ years’ experience) to join our Utilities team working on projects across South Wales . The role will be based in our Cardiff office, with a flexible hybrid working approach. Water/Utilities experience is essential.
The role of a Senior Cost Manager includes the following responsibilities:
- Leading service delivery on behalf of ChandlerKBS, reporting directly to the relevant Partner.
- Liaison with design teams, contractors and client representatives.
- Preparing budgets, cashflows and reports.
- Benchmarking, inflationary assessments and forecasting.
- Site visits including measurement, progress and productivity assessments.
- Agreement of target costs, defined cost auditing, forecast outturn costs and earned value analysis.
- Assisting with procurement, including drafting Contract Data and preparing tender assessment reports.
- Monthly assessments, payment certificates and financial reporting.
- Assist Project Managers in administering the relevant conditions of contract.
- Assessment of early warning’s and compensation event’s
- Final accounts and post project reviews.
- Identifying opportunities for growth within the industry.
- Assisting with business development and tender preparation.
- Development of good practice initiatives and methodologies for continuous improvement and added value.
- Management and mentoring of junior staff members.
- Manage professional fees to budget and ensuring that a quality service is delivered to all our clients.
The minimum requirements of the role include:
- Degree qualified.
- Proven track record in the Utilities/Water industry.
- Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of NEC Contracts.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Experience of leading a team and responsibility for commission deliverables.
- Willingness and ability to challenge in a positive and engaging manor.
- Experience of risk and value management processes.
Preferred requirements of the role include:
- Membership of RICS, or similar is preferred.
- Current Personal Track Safety Card holder.
- Experience of bid submissions.
- Prior line management and/or mentoring experience.
- Client facing experience.
- Familiarity with public procurement processes.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible working arrangements. Our core benefits include 24 days annual leave, private health insurance, critical illness cover, car allowance (subject to role), a generous pension scheme, annual professional membership fees and bespoke development plans.
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has an RICS approved APC programme.