Intermediate Cost Manager (Europe)
ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
We are seeking to recruit an Intermediate Cost Manager (4+ years’ experience) to join our European Projects team working on projects across Europe, specifically projects in Italy, Netherlands, France and Germany amongst others. The role will be based in our Cardiff office with regular European travel and a flexible, hybrid working approach.
The role of a Intermediate Cost Manager includes the following responsibilities:
- Support bid and tender preparation and business development.
- Assume day - to - day delivery responsibility for projects and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Administer change control processes for the services we provide.
- Strengthen our service delivery capability and promote knowledge capture, sharing and innovation.
- Prepare budget estimates, cost plans and client reports.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts.
- Prepare and evaluating tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation.
- Provide risk and value management.
- Contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings.
- Preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives at service and sector level.
- Manage the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high quality standard.
- Assist in providing leadership to the staff, where required.
- Resolve conflicts of priorities and personalities relating to work with the appropriate Partner or Associate.
- Assist in mentoring and coaching team members, ensuring that staff and new starters are developed to support the successful growth of the Practice and development of their career.
- Undertake service delivery is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice, particularly Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Provide services in compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Achieve all objectives as required by the annual performance review process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Work to deadlines set by the Project Team Leader.
- Ensuring filing of project correspondence is maintained in accordance with requirements.
The ability to:
- Deliver results in a client facing role.
- Deal diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment, subject to change.
- Starting to prioritise and self-manage with ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Starting to manage conflicting priorities and organise workloads in conjunction with the appropriate Partner.
- Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- Assist in leading a team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ideally degree qualified: construction, cost management, engineering, quantity surveying or other RICS accredited degree.
- MRICS / other equivalent qualification or experience.
- Good core technical skills.
- Developing interpersonal and team building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with both client and staff.
- Good analytical skills, sound judgement and an aptitude for forward planning.
- Energetic and motivated with natural drive and an innovative flair, resourcefulness and ability to adapt to change.
- An ability to think clearly and make reasoned decisions, explaining the logic employed.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of managing people and delivering multiple or complex projects.
- Good experience of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Good pre and post contract technical cost management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry technical matters with circa 4 years plus post qualification experience.
- Good IT skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and RIPAC.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible working arrangements. Our core benefits include 24 days annual leave, private health insurance, critical illness cover, car allowance (subject to role), a generous pension scheme, annual professional membership fees and bespoke development plans.
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has an RICS approved APC programme.