ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
We are seeking to recruit an Estimator (5+ years’ experience) to join our Water/Utilities team working on projects across South Wales. The role will be based in our Cardiff office, with a flexible hybrid working approach. Candidates must have Water experience to be considered.
The role of an Estimator includes the following responsibilities:
- Working to strict deadlines.
- Preparation of quantities from drawings and specifications.
- Support knowledge capture, sharing and innovation. Support the implementation of strategic initiatives at service and sector level.
- Prepare abstract of material and sub-contract requirements for sourcing and pricing.
- Technical and commercial appraisal of material and subcontractor quotations.
- Preparation of analytical estimates including the detailed appraisal of construction plant and temporary works.
- Contribute to the submission document preparation.
- Attend site visits during tender period.
- Use of estimating software as a basis of preparing the estimate.
- Evaluate construction methods and formulate alternative proposals where necessary in conjunction with the bid team and tender planner.
- Associated forecasts of capital expenditure and income.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Provide support for day-to-day delivery responsibility for small to medium projects, support larger projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision. Develop our business; networking and developing client relationships.
- Support the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high-quality standard.
- Provide services in compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement.
The ability to:
- Deliver results in a client facing role.
- Dealing with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment.
- Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- Provide support to junior team members.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience of pricing work under various forms of contract including NEC, either Fixed, Target Cost, Design & Build, Specification & Drawing or ECI bids.
- Degree level qualified or equivalent in a Civil Engineering related discipline.
- Preferably Chartered or working towards.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Good technical understanding of Civil Engineering and the ability to promote alternative solutions.
- Must be numerate, accurate and self-checking.
- A full UK driving licence.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible working arrangements. Our core benefits include 24 days annual leave, private health insurance, critical illness cover, car allowance (subject to role), a generous pension scheme, annual professional membership fees and bespoke development plans.
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has an RICS approved APC programme.