Assistant Cost Manager - Rail
ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Cost Manager to join our established Rail team supporting our clients in the delivery of critical track, signalling, and power enhancements across Wales.
The role will be a combination of working out of our Cardiff office, home working, and occasional visits to clients offices/sites.
The role of an Assistant Cost Manager includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide support for day - to - day delivery on projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks under supervision.
- Support knowledge capture, sharing and innovation.
- Support preparation of budget estimates, cost plans and client reports..
- Support evaluation of tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation.
- Support risk and value management.
- Support contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings.
- Preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Support the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high quality standard.
- Undertake service delivery is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice, particularly Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Provide services in compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Achieve all objectives as required by the annual performance review process.
- Work to deadlines set by the Project Team Leader.
- Filing of project correspondence in accordance with requirements.
- Dealing with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment.
- Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Industry specific: HND/HNC/OND/ONC working towards a degree in construction, cost management, engineering, quantity surveying or other RICS accredited degree.
- Associate member of RICS/other equivalent qualification of experience.
- Limited core technical skills.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with both client and staff.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Limited pre and post contract technical cost management skills.
- Developing knowledge of construction industry technical matters. Up to 2 years’ experience.
- Basic IT skills for the role including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us.
As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Our core benefits include:
- 24 Days Annual Leave (with the ability to purchase up to 10 extra days)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance (subject to role)
- Annual Professional Membership Fees
- Bespoke Training & Development Plans
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives (Cycle to Work Scheme/Gym Discounts/EAPs)
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has a RICS approved APC programme.