Capital Allowances Advisor
ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
ChandlerKBS are seeking to recruit a Capital Allowance Advisor to join our team in our Cardiff or London Office.
The team provides valuable and pro-active advice during all stages of the construction life cycle; from advising on tax efficient design initiatives and early stage estimates during the feasibility stage, data capture and preparation of evidence throughout the construction phase to preparing detailed final claims based on the ‘as-built’ solution and submission of detailed reports to HMRC.
The team is currently working on investments in most sectors of the UK economy. Our clients range from property owners with a single asset to top 100 FTSE companies with construction investment programmes in excess of £billion. We have a particular expertise on large, long-term and tax complex engineering projects in the infrastructure sector including water, energy recovery and renewables.
The role of a Capital Allowance Advisor includes the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with clients and their advisors to obtain construction and property documentation.
- Researching the tax history of properties and reviewing legal documentation associated with property acquisitions.
- Advising clients on complex legal issues relating to their entitlement to capital allowances.
- Preparation of claims and reports with supporting evidence.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Mentoring and training to other team members.
- Developing strategies and assessment methodologies (including automation), particular for clients in the infrastructure sectors who have a vast amount of fixed assets and other data from bespoke finance systems.
- Sales, marketing and business development.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Working knowledge of tax incentives and preparation of claims on various property types/investments.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to manage vast amounts of data.
- Experience of fixed asset accounting systems.
- Analytical skills.
- Client relationship management.
- Professional qualifications from a relevant discipline, i.e. RICS, ATT etc.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us.
As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Our core benefits include:
- 24 Days Annual Leave (with the ability to purchase up to 10 extra days)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance (subject to role)
- Annual Professional Membership Fees
- Bespoke Training & Development Plans
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives (Cycle to Work Scheme/Gym Discounts/EAPs)
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has a RICS approved APC programme.