Accounts Receivable Officer
We are excited to announce that we have a superb opportunity to join Cumming Europe Ltd, as part of Cumming Group, in the role of Accounts Receivable Officer in our Cardiff Office.
We are seeking to recruit an Accounts Receivable Officer who will oversee the set-up, invoicing, collection and cash application function for the organisation. This role includes producing timely and accurate invoicing, and in turn reviewing revenue and cost by project, ensuring the financial statements will be in adherence with GAAP guidelines for reporting revenue and cost of sales.
They are responsible for providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under their control.
The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and interpersonal abilities and have the ability to understand contract terms and conditions and be able to perform at high levels in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Apply knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the relevant industry.
- Some VAT knowledge.
- Utilise effective written and oral communications and team skills.
- Perform work tasks by receiving direction and then working independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to be dependable, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a quick timeframe.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Current experience with a fully integrated financial system such as MAS200, Great Plains or Deltek.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or commensurate years of experience is preferred
- 5+ years of AR and billing experience
- Experience in the professional service or construction industry is preferred
- Reconciliation of monthly revenue and invoices.
- Monthly preparation and submission of forecast backlog.
- Obtain client contractual documentation in relation to terms for individual projects.
- Timely review of all contracts, change orders and modifications.
- Ensure that all contract changes (e.g., extensions) are recorded.
- Implement and maintain contract tracking processes and policies.
- Co-ordinate production of monthly invoices based on contracts for the appropriate sector lead for review and approval.
- Finalise all client invoices and credit notes.
- Ensure all available information regarding a project is completed in Deltek including uploading files containing proposals and contracts, and ensuring project location and contact information for the job and client is complete and up to date.
- Oversee the weekly submission and approval of all staff timesheets.
- Reconciling and resolving invoicing discrepancies and all associated revisions to previously mailed invoices.
- Support operations by preparing account history reports and generating ad-hoc as requested reports and analyses.
- Prepare daily deposit summary reports and track and forecast cash receipts by client.
- Oversee the cash collection and prepare monthly summary of accounts for management review. Oversee the approval and processing of invoices to be written off.
- Review all requests to set-up new project numbers.
- When an account becomes delinquent, diligently work with operations to obtain adequate documentation or support to satisfy the customer and obtain payment.
- Establish departmental policies and constantly strive to improve processes and procedures that affect invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Perform other duties that are reasonably associated with the above essential functions and additional duties assigned by line manager.
Cumming Europe Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.