Case Study: Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
ChandlerKBS has worked with DCWW since the mid 1990s. We deployed three staff members on a fulltime basis, for almost two years to support DCWW in a series of major procurement exercises. A team of ten developed DCWW’s procurement strategies and then managed OJEU compliant procurement events to establish the following contracts:
- Two asset operations contracts for a fifteen year duration, with a combined annual spend of circa £200m. These covered day to day operations of all of DCWW’s water and wastewater assets across Wales, operational maintenance, capital maintenance, minor works and emergency services.
- Six asset investment contracts for a ten year duration, with a combined annual spend of circa £150m. These covered a mixture of geographically based and/or work type based contracts for DCWW’s capital investment programmes to improve its assets to remain regulatory compliant.
- One customer contract for a seven year duration, with an annual value of £20m. This covered billing services, income collection, customer call centre and IT platform improvements.
- One professional services contract for consultancy services to monitor and develop DCWW’s networks.
- One professional services contract for sampling and laboratory services.
Four years later, at the end of 2008, ChandlerKBS was asked by DCWW, to assist in a number of procurement activities related to the aforementioned previous procurement work, undertaken between 2003 and 2005. Our remit involved a mixture of reviewing the long term contracts, negotiating new prices and running mini-competitions.
Dwr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW)